Friday, July 18, 2014

Sasha Moving Stacks (of Magazines)

Welcome to the AESOP Blog! I'm so happy you made your way here. My name's Sasha and I'm one of the assistant coordinators for this year's AESOP program.

Summer is one of the best times of year--no homework, beach days, family vacation, and strawberries. But recently I have been feeling like AESOP is the best time of year.

Don't get me wrong; I love my time in the sun. I have been interning at the Maine Media Collective, a company that produces three magazines, guides to doing various activities in the state, look books, a radio show, and some awesome stickers. The company has an art collector department, sponsors over 70 nonprofits, produces a food and wine festival on the coast, and features the culture of the state. All in all pretty impressive small business with incredible people. It’s unlike any job I have ever had--fast paced, rewarding, and genuinely fun. If you are interested, the three magazines titles Maine Magazine, Maine Home+Design Magazine, and Old Port Magazine, all really fun to browse with unique stories that perfectly capture the great state of Maine. 

While the beach, my job, and the New York Times bestseller list are all awesome, AESOP is going to be an amazing and wild ride. The best summer activities (hiking, biking, backpacking, canoeing, base camping) happen during AESOP week, and as much as I love my family, I'm ready to get out there with some pretty great people and make friends I'll have for the rest of college. I know this may sound like an annoying push for AESOP, but what could be better than a week dedicated exclusively to fun with the best student leaders around? Not much. Hence the best time of year. 

Anyway, enjoy whatever it is your doing this summer and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment